Thursday, June 07, 2007

Another day......

...........another apology

Imagine.. a dimly lit room,only a light over the table in the middle. Two sides face each other over the table each holding a set of cards.Official side breaks the silence.

'Sir I have four Aces'
The other side does not blink
'Sir I have the Race card'

Official side folds.

I have tried to avoid comment on the subject of Mr Dizaei.
The whole issue tends to send me reaching for the packet of Setlers in the bathroom cabinet.

The MBPA seems to want to extract every last ounce out of this issue. The careful wording in the article would suggest some wrangling behind the scenes to come out with some form of statement which could be deemed 'acceptable' to both sides.

This post is not meant to be a tirade against the MBPA. However it appears to me that it comes across as an organisation that treats any criticism of its members as racially motivated rather than the motivation of genuinely held concerns as to the behaviour of that member.

There would appear to be a number of things unearthed during Operation Helios that do not do Mr Dizaei any credit at all.

How things have developed since has left a lot of officers out there thinking 'If that was me I would have been nailed to the wall'

This is not healthy

4 Comments:

Blogger Whichendbites said...

I tend to agree. Stay away from walls.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Officer Dibble said...

This organisation is certainly driving me up it..

3:42 PM  
Blogger Twining says: said...

Unfortunately there are always two sides to a story. Sometimes BPA's will get things wrong, but when they are right, they are told they are wrong! THE NBPA is a party piece, totally inneffective I am afraid and it has been for some time. Dizaie, though, has done some good work. Ok no one saidh he is a Saint. I don't know what else to say.

10:57 AM  
Blogger unlikely cop said...

Our walls are rumoured to have ears at the moment and it's something I can quite see happening around here. It's loads easier nowadays to watch the watchers than to watch the Bad Guys and after all, it's better for the old promotion prospects to have broken a few officers careers than to never have broken at all.

Even if it's not true it's indicative of the morale around the nick that we think it probably is.

Evening all.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home