Monday, March 26, 2007

Keys to the Kingdom

I have become somewhat numbed by the stories emerging from the Home Office and its agencies.
More often, reality overtakes parody with what the 'think tanks' and 'blue skies thinking' policy units come up with.

However even I was a little taken aback by this

I always thought that within HMP, the procedure of 'Lock Up' was not optional.
Sadly, another misbegotten belief of mine falls by the wayside.

The decision to issue keys to certain inmates is around 'respect' and a need to protect their personal space and belongings.

Unfortunately if their behaviour outside the walls of HMP had been so considered then they may not have been so 'unfortunate' as to find themselves inside.

I wasn't intending to pop into my local this evening but....needs must.

2 Comments:

Blogger TotallyUn-Pc said...

If only they had respect for other peoples belongings, they wouldn't have to carry that extra key around with them all day!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Officer Dibble said...

TUPC
Yep..my heart reaches out for them.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home