Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Untitled

I have been away for a break and on return due to shifts,courses and prisoners have had little time to do much other than dip into my regular route of favourite blogs.

One that stopped me in my tracks was that of Totally Un PC."I've seen death" A powerful piece of writing.
In part,this recollection of tragic events he has encountered,dealt with and still pitches up at the start of his shift reminds me of why..despite our assorted critics...I think this job is so important.

Big Fella also had a particularly bad weekend.

Any disillusionment or cynicism I may display in my posts relate to the system,the Job and the way the country and its institutions have become such a shambles.

However, it is the company of the people I work with that have generated the best memories over the years. The situations we have dealt with...got into and got out of ..mostly in one piece..talked and laughed about.

They make it bearable.


Inspector Gadget has generated much comment recently on the Dan Coffill case.

The experiences of an Anonymous juror in the original trial as posted on the

Praguetory site has caused even further heated debate.

That persons experiences from that perspective of a Juror at Crown Court are sadly not new to me or other officers who spend their time wandering the Court complexes(be it Crown or Magistrates) with a blue case file.

Public areas are often no more than a zoo.

The differences between them and the occupants of an actual Zoo are that the actual Zoos have better behaved occupants (and actually do spend time behind bars.)

Bystander has been subject to some vilification.

However(whilst having on a number of occasions been at the back of a court, clutching my case file and glaring balefully at the Bench over some decision they have made) his responses have always been measured.

Bystander says 'police officers have a fierce, almost Tribal loyalty'

Yes we do.

I know, having done this job for the years I have, that when I am out on a job..when it all goes wrong...the only people I can RELY on for back up are those carrying the badge and wearing the same uniform as me.

Finally,like Bystander, I will be sending my cheque to the family of Dan Coffill.

Details on the Inspector Gadget post.

Whatever the rights..wrongs..decisions or small print of the legislation or guidelines...they are still living with the consequences of that night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Hoffmanrxws said...

How many of you can say the Universe was the repair service for your refrigerator ice maker repair? I can! This is the greatest story. If your home is on a concrete slab, then a home dehumidifier maybe the right choice for you. * Always use a fireplace screen.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Isaiahkumr said...

How many of you can say the Universe was the repair service for your refrigerator ice maker repair? I can! This is the greatest story. If your home is on a concrete slab, then a home dehumidifier maybe the right choice for you. * Always use a fireplace screen.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Haileyvbdt said...

How many of you can say the Universe was the repair service for your refrigerator ice maker repair? I can! This is the greatest story. If your home is on a concrete slab, then a home dehumidifier maybe the right choice for you. * Always use a fireplace screen.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home