Monday, January 22, 2007

And the winner is...

I see that this is the second upcoming occasion for' The Problem Solving Awards'.
They are basically a recognition of neighborhood teams and their efforts to tackle issues affecting that area
There are 8 on the Shortlist this year.
I dont know whether William Hill are offering odds on this years nominees but if they were I would have a flutter on Bromleys effort.
Its entitled 'Safe and Sound- Reducing Crime in the Bromley Night Time Economy'.
Established as a response to the extended drinking hours and the perceived increase in antisocial behaviour and violence.

I love the use of language.

Its got to have a head start with a Title like that.

I mean .... reducing crime in the area around Bromleys Pubs and Clubs...that would be sooo Pre- Millennium.
It grabs the attention and gives pause for thought. I also like the use of the word perceived. As though its just that the public might have misconsidered.... and in fact, the drunken idiots prior to the relaxed licensing laws are actually just the same before things changed.

I wish it well, as others, in pursuit of that prize.

I hope it sets a trend.

I look forward to hearing of clampdowns on Hemp plant family entrepreneurial units and portals being breached in raids on addictive Cocaine salt domiciles.

2 Comments:

Blogger unlikely cop said...

As a purveyor of neighbourhood services to our local community I would appreciate any nominations for the award.

I haven't come up with any new ideas. But i am hoping that the old ideas I subscribe to are now too old to be remembered and so can be new once more.

They include talking to little old ladies, thoroughly bollocking the kids and arresting criminals.

I know these tactics are out of favour but I missed the course on interpreting bullshit emails so this is the best I can do.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Officer Dibble said...

UC
Nice thought but if you tried to get that one past the Committee you would be marked as a 'reactionary dinosaur'
Your personnel file might be flagged with a 'watch carefully may need constructive supervision' marker.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home