Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What if.....

It has been interesting to watch the politics and brinkmanship in the US over the 'shutdown' of government whilst the politicians posture and squabble over the overall state of the countries finances.

A large number of government sector workers were 'furloughed' a definition being...a leave of absence or vacation, especially one granted to a member of the armed forces,a usually temporary layoff from work...'

Say things went this way over here.... and the Home Office were given an A or B scenario

The government had a choice...

1.Furlough every rank above Chief Inspector until things settle.....
2.Furlough every rank below Chief Inspector until things settle.....

I know which way would lead to a fast track in breakdown in social cohesion and order on the streets.

I think the point I am trying to make is this.

No matter what, myself and the Commissioner share something. We both know we are going no further in the organisation.

However the likes of myself and my colleagues at the shop floor know, despite the nonsense thrown at us, things will get done.We will make it work....

I believe the higher reaches of the MET often lose sight of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home