Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Heavy Shoulders

I have not posted recently due to my finding myself in a temporary 'supervisory capacity'
Having been called into the office several weeks ago,the boss gave the usual 'we need someone with experience to oversee things during this period'
I nodded and smiled,knowing that the better qualified were either sick,on leave,on a course or had turned the job down.

It has been an interesting experience.

There are a number things I have learned about being a supervisor.

1.Not only am I responsible for my own apparent faults (as decided by others) I am also personally responsible for everyone else's.
2.A Supervisory role apparently gives you an aura of omniscient knowledge.I have fielded more questions over the last few weeks on such a variety of subjects that I am starting to get hate mail off the Oracle of Delphi.
3.From a man who was quite happy being a Metropolitan 'Z lister' I have been CC'd into more E mails and memos from people I have never heard of than in the previous 6 months

I went out for a beer with an old drinking partner to grizzle on this. As we guided our way through the huddled throng of smokers outside the pub I saw a local newspaper flyer outside the next door newsagents. It said 'Savage dog chews mans testicles'.

I could be worse off in the scheme of things I suppose.

3 Comments:

Blogger TotallyUn-Pc said...

Amen Brother!

Our world is dark and heavy.

The good ones make it look easy.

Keep smiling. you either look foolish, and they stop asking questions, or confident, and they believe anything you say!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Officer Dibble said...

TUPC
Those are wise words!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Whichendbites said...

right on TUPC. CC'd into messages and you carry the burden of all that devolved responsibility.

As for the dog chewing the bollocks, what can I say ?

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home