Friday, March 30, 2012

Shom mishtake surely

I started reading through the back fill of E mail and assorted gumpf after a few days off and apparently the Met met have introduced 'podiums' and 'departure zones' down the West End as part of Op...er..something or other.

The Podiums are apparently raised platforms to assist us in making us more visible and able to observe and counter any criminal/asb activity in the crowds. Basically scaffolding with fluorescent jackets on top.

I say lets take it a stage further and make us all wear stilts and go on mobile patrol (single patrol of course)

I find that Departure Zones are an official tent arrangement in which those who have over dranketh from the cup of festivity will be offered advice, tea and a bus/rail time table.

Time was when the departure zone for a recalcitrant drunk who did not take a few 'on your way' seriously was being shown the losers gate at the local nick after a night sleeping it off in the cells.

I do genuinely despair.

Its so close to April Fools day that I wonder if its a big Met joke. If it is, you have got me because ..its just so believable of what we are now.

If Winsor doesn't get to me, the alcohol keeping me sane will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home